Brain Injury after a Pembroke Pines Car Accident
Car accidents are a leading cause of Pembroke Pines brain injuries and head injuries. Although car manufacturers have done much to make cars safer and to prevent head injuries, the head area is still very vulnerable in any Pembroke Pines traffic accident. When the car comes to a sudden stop, passengers in the vehicle are often thrown forward suddenly. This sudden jolt can be violent enough to cause the brain inside the skull to bounce up against the skull, causing brain damage. Even whiplash and mild concussions can cause serious injury and months of recovery time. A more serious brain injury can cause fatalities or a lifetime of suffering. According to experts, there are many things that can be done to help prevent this:
1) Wear a seat belt at all times. Seat belts are one of the best ways to prevent brain injury because they keep you in place in the event of a Pembroke Pines traffic accident. If you are not wearing a seatbelt, you are likely to crash head-first through the windshield and hit your head on a hard surface, which is very likely to cause serious traumatic brain injury.
2) Do not seat children in the front seat. Air bags can be dangerous for small children. Infants and toddlers should always be in the back seat, in an age-appropriate restraint system. Older children are also safest in the back seat. If they are in the front seat, they should use a booster seat to protect them from head injury in the event of a car accident.
3) Consider seatbelts and air bags if you are petite. Studies have shown that people who are not at least average height face a higher risk of being injured by a seat belt or air bag in a car accident. If you are below average height, this is something you will want to consider when adjusting your seat and selecting your car.
4) Always get professional help if you have been in a car accident and even suspect that you may have sustained a head injury. Some brain injuries do not show symptoms right away but can still be fatal. If you have hit your head, it is much better to err on the side of caution and get medical help at once to rule out a serious injury.
5) If you have sustained a brain injury after a car accident, contact a Pembroke Pines personal injury attorney. Unfortunately, Pembroke Pines brain injury victims often find that medical insurance and car insurance do not always cover the full cost of their injuries after an accident. Speaking with a Pembroke Pines personal injury attorney before you sign any paperwork ensures that you understand what your case may be worth and ensures that you get professional legal advice to protect your interests.
If you are looking for a personal injury attorney in the Pembroke Pines area, contact the Flaxman Law Group. The legal team at the Flaxman Law Group has decades of experience and the full-service law firm has three convenient South Florida locations to serve you. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for your no-cost, no obligation initial consultation.