How Driver Rehabilitation Helps Keeps Roads Safer and Helps Prevent North Miami Traffic Collisions
Driver rehabilitation services allow drivers to work with specially trained driving instructors. Driver rehabilitation services in fact offer many things, including:
1) Driving evaluations. As drivers get older, driving ability may become a concern. While many drivers drive safely well into their senior years, some senior drivers develop medical conditions which affect their ability to drive. Since everyone ages differently, it can be difficult to determine exactly when driving ability starts to decline. Professionals offering driver rehabilitation offer evaluations for senior drivers and any drivers concerned about their driving ability. These evaluations can help pinpoint issues and problems before a North Miami car accident occurs. Driver rehabilitation professionals can also make suggestions, such as exercises for flexibility or new driving techniques to help drivers cope with changing needs.
2) Specialized driver training for new drivers. New drivers who have medical conditions or physical issues which affect driving often need different driving instruction than those who do not face these challenges. Driver rehabilitation services can offer specialized new driver training for those who are in wheelchairs as well as for new drivers who face learning disabilities or other issues which could affect driver training.
3) Specialized driver training for experienced drivers with different needs. Health conditions can sometimes change an experienced driver’s ability to drive safely. For example, a North Miami spinal cord injury patient may need to learn to drive all over again with reduced mobility. Someone who has suffered a stroke or other serious illness may also need to re-learn to drive with different abilities. Driver rehabilitation can help with these issues.
4) Specialized equipment training for new drivers and their families. Someone who has suffered from a serious illness and needs a wheelchair or other devices needs to learn how to use those devices when driving. Family members may also need to learn how to drive someone who is in a wheelchair or uses other medical devices. Driver rehabilitation can help teach these skills.
5) Assistance with accessibility features for vehicles. After a serious injury or medical condition, drivers sometimes need to use accessibility features to drive safely. Driver rehabilitation professionals can help drivers determine which accessibility features and devices can help – and how to use these features most effectively.
Driver rehabilitation can help any driver who has suffered an illness or injury which affects their driving ability. These services can cost considerable amounts, however. If the injury which has affected your driving was caused by negligence, contact a North Miami personal injury attorney to see whether you may be able to seek compensation to help pay for medical costs, driver rehabilitation costs, car accessibility features, and other costs related to your injury.
If you have been injured in a North Miami car accident, contact the Flaxman Law Group. The Flaxman Law Group is a full service law firm, pleased to offer no-cost, no obligation case evaluations to all new clients. If you have been injured in an accident in South Florida, contact the Flaxman Law Group for your free case consultation to discuss your case and your options with a personal injury attorney.