You may have noticed that at this time of year the streets of Hollywood and most Florida communities get busier. With the holiday season, there are more events and more errands, and that can mean more traffic. In turn, that can mean a higher risk of collision and injury.
At Flaxman Law Group, we tend to notice more calls around this time of year as more people are injured. We want to make sure that everyone who needs help can always speak to a Hollywood car accident claims attorney. That’s why our phone lines continue to be staffed 24/7 and why we continue to offer free consultations. We’re a busy law firm, but we’re never too busy for you if you’ve been injured and need to talk to an attorney.
Preventing Holiday Road Accidents
At Flaxman Law Group, we want to do our part to help you prevent car accidents this holiday season. That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips to help you reduce your risk:
- Get plenty of rest. Fatigued driving is a leading concern at this time of year, as we all have more on our plates. Take extra care to get adequate sleep and if you are tired, leave the driving to someone else.
- Drive defensively. Expect the unexpected on the roads during the holiday season. People may be driving erratically, events may be taking place all around you, and holiday displays could be distracting. To drive safely with everything going on, put any distractions away, put your full focus on driving, and always think three moves ahead.
- Consider outsourcing some of your tasks. If you need to shop or run errands, for example, see if you can get loved ones to help you or try online services to save on the amount of driving you do. See if you can cross some to-dos off your list. By not trying to take everything on this season, you may be less likely to drive distracted and fatigued.
- Be part of the solution. Just not drinking and driving is a good first step, but you can go further. Talk to the people in your life about driving sober and offer to be a designated driver for someone. If you’re heading to an event where you know alcohol will be served, always have at least two options for getting home safely, even if you don’t plan on drinking.
- When you need to drive often, plan carefully. Try to group errands and driving tasks together, so you’re taking many trips. For busy days of driving and long road trips, plan ahead to give yourself extra time and extra rest breaks so you can stay focused on arriving at your destination safely.
- Keep your car in good condition. The holidays can be hard on your car, too. If it’s been a while, take your vehicle in for a tune-up to avoid breakdowns and accidents.
- Consider visibility. We’ve seen some fun festive cars out on the roads, covered in special holiday décor. If you’re doing that to your vehicle to spread festive cheer, check your car in different lighting conditions. Make sure there’s no glare from the decorations and that you can still see very clearly, with no obstructions.
The entire team at Flaxman Law Group hope you have the best holiday season ever. If you find yourself in a car collision because of someone else’s poor decision making, know that you can always reach out to us to speak with a Hollywood car accident claims lawyer at no cost and with no obligation. Put our more than 60 years of combined experience to use on your claim.