Car accident injuries are traumatic. It can be emotionally unsettling to hear the sound of metal and glass breaking and do not know what will happen next. Once you wake up from the car accident or the accident is over, you may be left with serious or life-threatening injuries which need immediate attention. Even less serious injuries, such as lacerations or a broken bone, can have an impact on your finances, your ability to work, and the ability to care for yourself and others in your life.
If you have been in a car accident anywhere in South Florida, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood car collision attorney.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Hollywood
In Hollywood and across South Florida, common injuries include:
- Brain trauma: A traumatic brain injury is a life-altering injury which can impact your ability to earn a living, care for yourself, and have relationships. Severe brain trauma can leave a patient unable to function and may require them to live in an assisted living facility. Even brain trauma which is less severe can lead to memory loss, changes in cognitive function, and other issues which can affect a person’s ability to return to their everyday activities.
- Eye injuries: We rely on our eyes for everything from reading to work. Eye injury can lead to vision impairment, which can impact your ability to earn an income, especially if your previous work required good eyesight or the ability to read.
- Facial injuries Because we all tend to look at another person’s face when we first meet them, facial injuries are very obvious and can impact how people react to us. These injuries can also impact ability to work, especially for those who have public facing jobs. Facial injuries can lead to cruel comments from others, lowered self-esteem, and emotional distress. They may also require ongoing and expensive surgery to address.
- Ear injuries: Ear injuries may leave you no longer be able to hear the voice of loved ones, a favourite song, or instructions at work in the same way. This can impact the quality of life as well as job prospects.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper mobility and can shorten a person’s lifespan. Even less severe spinal cord injuries can lead to a lifetime of pain and debilitating chronic pain, which affects the ability of a person to care for themselves and to earn a living.
- Scarring and lacerations: These injuries can impact a person’s sense of self. Severe lacerations and scarring can also impact the muscle and tendons underneath the surface level of skin, which can significantly affect mobility.
This is just part one of our two-part series on common car accident injuries in Florida. If you have suffered any of the above injuries or any injuries in a traffic collision, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood car collision attorney. Your first consultation with us is free and comes with no obligation, so you risk nothing in speaking with an experienced attorney about your situation.