Earlier this week, we examined some of the common and devastating injuries which can result from traffic crashes in Hollywood. Today, we’re looking at some more common injuries, including:
- Chronic pain conditions: Any injuries which result in chronic pain can lead to a lifetime of medical treatment, reduced mobility, reduced job prospects, and discomfort. Chronic pain can lead to depression and emotional distress as well as lower income expectations.
- Back injuries: Not all car accidents in Hollywood result in spinal cord injuries. Some result in lower back pain and soft tissue injuries or slipped discs. These can be harder to diagnose correctly and can lead to a lifetime of pain and decreased mobility.
- Arm and wrist injuries: Injuries to the arm and wrist can make it difficult for someone to earn a living, since even desk jobs require typing and almost all work requires some use of hands. In our personal lives, we rely on our hands and arms for everything from carrying groceries to picking up a child, so any injuries to this part of our body can have a big impact on our everyday lives.
- Herniated discs: Herniated discs can lead to a lifetime of reduced mobility and chronic pain. The patient may go for months or weeks feeling fine and the suddenly aggravate the injury, leading to the inability to move and severe pain. This can make it difficult to have a continuous work history and to predictably care for oneself.
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries: Whiplash and soft tissue injuries can be difficult to diagnose, since they only show up on MRIs and can be subtle even on those imaging scans. Soft tissue injuries can have a devastating impact on mobility and lead to significant pain. Since whiplash and soft tissue injuries may only show symptoms a few hours or a few days after a car collision, it can also be difficult to prove that whiplash was caused by a car accident.
- Fracture: A broken bone is something you can recover from, but it can still lead to weeks of pain, treatment, and a temporary inability to work or drive. It can still have a devastating impact on finances as a result.
- Crushed bones or compound fractures: While a clean fracture can heal on its own, crushed bones and compound fractures may require surgery, rehabilitation, and a long recovery as well as significant pain management.
- Amputations: Losing a limb requires rehabilitation and prosthetics as well as ongoing medical care. This type of injury can also be deeply traumatic.
- Paralysis: Paralysis not only affects mobility but can also lead to depression, changed relationships, and significant financial distress if someone is unable to work because of the injury. Paralysis can also affect other bodily systems, such as heart function or lung function, leaving patients more susceptible to pneumonia and other serious illness.
- Fatalities: Losing someone in a car collision is devastating and leads to a lifetime of trauma and pain. In addition, if the lost loved one was part of your household, their loss can also impact your household finances permanently.
If you have suffered these or any other injuries in South Florida, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood car collision attorney. Your injuries can have a profound impact on your finances and your future and discussing your potential claim with a personal injury attorney can help you determine what your next steps could be.