Florida’s college campuses experience serious car crashes. There are some challenges with car crashes on school grounds, which is why if you’ve been in this kind of collision, it’s important to consult with an experienced Miami car accident claims attorney as soon as possible. You can do so at no cost and with no obligation by contacting Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626.
Understanding Campus Car Accidents in Miami and Across Florida
Campuses can be especially common sites for car crashes for a few reasons:
- Shared pedestrian and traffic areas. Most campuses are quite busy and students hurrying from one class to another may need to cross parking lots and other areas where cars and delivery trucks need to drive. Having multiple types of road users in small spaces can lead to crashes.
- High traffic. Campuses have a lot of visitors, including students, faculty, delivery personnel, and more. Shuttles may move students to and from parking lots, too. The high traffic can easily lead to collisions.
- Design features. Many campuses in Miami and other communities have green spaces to make living on campus more appealing. High-rise buildings, winding roadways, statues, and benches also create attractive and usable spaces, but they can also create obstructions that make it harder for drivers to see clearly.
- Drunk driving. While most students living on and off campus are responsible drivers, students are also often still learning their limits. Unfortunately, drunk driving accidents do happen on and near campuses.
- Distracted and fatigued driving. Hectic class and work schedules can mean students are focused on their schedules or even feeling stressed, all of which can lead to distracted driving. Students may need to stay up late and wake up early to meet schoolwork deadlines, too. This can contribute to car accidents caused by fatigued driving.
If you are in a campus car collision in Miami or in any Florida community, you may encounter a few barriers to getting fair compensation for your accident:
- Your losses may be high. If you’re a student who hasn’t even launched your career and you suffer a serious, permanent injury you may lose out on a lifetime of income potential. You may also need many decades of extra care and may be facing a lifetime of higher medical costs. Insurance companies are likely to balk at these costs, which is why you’ll want to work with an experienced Miami car accident claims attorney to seek compensation that covers more of your costs.
- Filing a claim against a college is challenging. If your accident was caused by campus design or infrastructure or a campus employee (like a negligent shuttle driver) it can be challenging to face a college in court. Thanks to university endowments, they may have very large resources to put towards attorneys and a defence. You will also need a skilled, resource-rich attorney who isn’t afraid of taking your case all the way to the court, if that’s the best path to compensation.
- There may be multiple liable parties. Liable parties can include the college, a visitor who has nothing to do with the college, and maybe another student. This can make your claim more complicated.
Even with these challenges, the right Miami car accident claims attorney can help. For example, Flaxman Law Group is a family-based legal firm with more than 60 years of combined experience and a record of more than $100 million recovered for our clients. We work with investigators and other professionals and we have extensive experience both in negotiation and at trial. Call us today at 866-352-9626 to schedule a free consultation with a Miami car accident claims attorney. Let’s discuss ways we can work to protect your future.