More fatal car accidents happen at night than at any other time of the day, even though there are far fewer cars on the road during the night. Nighttime car collisions bring extra risks and can make it harder for you to make a claim. If you’ve been in this kind of crash, don’t hesitate: contact Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation with a Hollywood car accident claims lawyer. Let’s discuss your potential case and what it may be worth.
What Causes Nighttime Car Crashes in Hollywood?
Every car accident is different, but here are some common factors that contribute to car accidents at night:
- Poor visibility. Not all roads in Hollywood and across Florida are well-lit at night, which can make it hard for drivers to see dangers in time. Glare can also become an issue at night, which can increase the risk of collisions.
- Nighttime activity. Parties that spill into a street or illegal racing on Florida streets are just a few of the activities that can happen at night that can pose a danger to drivers.
- Alcohol use. Drunk driving is more common in Hollywood and other Florida communities at night, when many parties end and bars close.
- Wildlife. Wildlife is most active at dawn and dusk, but many animals are also active at night, when they are less visible.
- Shift work. Many studies have linked shift work to an increased risk of accidents. Shift workers and truck drivers who need to drive at night may experience fatigue, which can increase their risk of collisions.
What to Do If You’re in a Car Collision at Night in Hollywood
Even if you drive carefully, not everyone on the road is as cautious. If you find yourself in a nighttime collision, you may need to take extra steps to stay safe, especially if you’re alone. Here’s what to do:
- Keep yourself safe. Call the police and report the incident, mentioning if you’re alone and someplace where you don’t feel safe. Follow the instructions the police give you.
- Prevent further car accidents. If you’ve been in a single car accident and you decide to stop to call your insurance company, police, or a tow truck, put on your flashing lights and get off the road to prevent other cars from crashing into your vehicle.
- Call a friend or family member. Let them know where you are and what’s happening, so someone is aware of your situation.
- Get documentation. It can be harder to get photos of the accident scene when it’s dark, but try to do so if you can. If it’s not safe to get out of the car, jot down as much as you can when you’re safe. Never risk your personal safety to get documentation.
- Exchange contact and insurance information—but only if you feel safe doing so. Without getting out of your car, you may want to wave the other driver to a more populated area, where there is good lighting and other people. If you don’t feel safe, contact police and ask for assistance.
- Get a medical evaluation. As soon as you can after the crash, check to see if you’ve avoided injury. Go to an after-hours urgent care clinic or emergency room, if you can.
- Get legal advice. Working with a Hollywood car accident claims attorney can help you seek fair compensation.
- In a car accident at night? The Flaxman Law Group phone lines at 866-352-9626 are staffed 24/7 so you can schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a Hollywood car accident claims lawyer. Our family-focused legal team is concerned about your safety and your future and we have more than 60 years of combined trial and negotiation experience to bring to your case. Let’s discuss your potential case so you can understand what your next steps might be.