In Florida, if you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. You will not get these benefits automatically. You will need to prove your case, and to do that expert witnesses may be able to help.
At Flaxman Law Group, our offices in Miami, Homestead, and Florida work with a team of expert witnesses who can help you build a strong case. If you’d like our network of professionals and our legal team (who has more than 60 years of combined experience) to take a look at your Florida car accident case, contact a Florida car accident attorney at Flaxman Law Group today to set up a free, no obligation consultation.
What is an Expert Witness?
An expert witness is someone who has in-depth, specialized training, knowledge, or experience in a specific field and is willing to offer their opinion on a part of your case. In Florida car accident claims cases, expert witnesses sometimes offer testimony about the extent of the injuries, the likely cause of the accident, and how an accident can impact an accident survivor’s life. The testimony of expert witnesses can carry weight with a judge and jury and can help you build a stronger case, which may help you improve the odds of fair compensation.
Types of Expert Witnesses Commonly Called in Florida Car Accident Cases
The most common types of expert witnesses in Florida car accident cases include:
- Accident reconstructionist experts. These professionals usually have a background in physics, engineering, and other STEM disciplines. They use this background and specialized software to find out how an accident happened and what speed and direction the vehicles had.
- Medical experts. Medical experts can include specialists, doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare professionals who can testify about the extent of the victim’s injuries, the treatment received, and the long-term impact of the injuries.
- Vocational experts. These professionals can testify about the impact of the victim’s injuries on their ability to work and earn a living.
- Economic experts. Economic experts can provide evidence about the cost of medical treatment, lost wages, and future earning capacity of someone who has been injured in a car accident.
Expert Witnesses Can Help Your Case
Your attorney will work to gather evidence in your case, including any security footage and any medical or police records. Expert witnesses can provide an extra layer of information. They can tell a court about:
- The cause of the accident, which can help identify all liable parties.
- The extent of your injuries.
- The likely impact and costs of your injuries, which can help your attorney establish how much compensation you should receive.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida and are working with an attorney, your attorney may be working with a team of professionals, which may include private investigators, healthcare professionals, and expert witnesses. Expert witnesses are important to your case because they can provide valuable testimony on about your accident, helping build a stronger case.
The average person doesn’t have access to a network of expert witnesses, which is why it is useful to work with a Florida car accident claims attorney if you’ve been injured.
Flaxman Law Group has more than 60 years of combined expert and we work with a network of expert witnesses and other professionals who have helped us secure over $100 million in court wins and settlements for our clients. Call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation or contact us online to set up your free consultation with a Florida car accident attorney. You can meet in our offices in Miami, Homestead, or Hollywood, or we may be able to come to you if you can’t travel.