Getting your car properly taken care of every season can help you prevent the risk of Florida car accidents and pedestrian accidents, as it ensures that your vehicle is in good shape to prevent an accident. If you need to stop suddenly or maneuver quickly in order to avoid a collision, having a car that responds well is important. To get your car maintained this autumn, make sure that you:
1) Get your car checked out. Taking your car periodically to a trusted mechanic periodically can help ensure that your car is in good shape to drive and has no obvious problems. It is especially important to take your car in to a trusted mechanic if you notice any problems, unusual noises, or if you notice that the car is responding oddly. Regular tune-ups and maintenance are vital, especially in the autumn, when many drivers are on the road more frequently due to the school run.
2) Have a plan for keeping your windshield clear. Mud, rain, and autumn weather can wreak havoc with your ability to see clearly through your windshield. Top up your windshield fluid regularly, make sure that your windshield wipers are in good repair, and consider upgrading your wipers to ones that do a better job of clearing dirt and debris from your windshield. It’s a smart investment that can help ensure that you see what is in front of your car.
3) Assemble a kit for safe and comfortable driving. Your kit should include a first aid kit, a cell phone for calling for help in an emergency, a blanket, flares or flashlight, a spare tire, instruction manuals for changing tires, and a good spare tire. Your glove compartment box should contain sunglasses which can help you see clearly, and gloves for days when your wheel is too hot to hold firmly.
4) Create a space for your mobile devices. Distracted driving is a serious problem across the US. You can help conquer the problem by always turning off your mobile device and putting it away before you get behind the wheel. In fact, it is best to turn off your mobile device and put it away, such as in your glove compartment, to ensure that you will not be tempted to check your messages while you drive.
5) Get your tires checked. Summer can be hard on tires, and at this time of year the wear and tear of driving on hard surfaces can really show up. Make sure that your tires are correctly aligned and are still in good condition. If the treads on your tires are worn, it is important to have them replaced before the wet autumn season begins. If you will be driving outside of Florida this winter, you may also need to invest in a good set of winter tires for any winter driving you will need to do.
The Flaxman Law Group is proud to serve the entire South Florida community from offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood. If you ever find yourself in a Florida car accident and require legal assistance, the Flaxman Law Group is happy to offer a free initial consultation to all new clients. This is a great way to find out whether you have a case and a great way to discuss your options and rights with a qualified Florida personal injury attorney.