Holiday season accidents can be especially tragic. No family should have to face the holidays with an injured loved one or immediately after losing a loved one. However, for some Hollywood families, this is exactly what occurs. The rush of the holiday season as well as increases in traffic during this time of year as well as the increase in the number of parties serving alcohol can all conspire to create an increased risk of Hollywood traffic accidents. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to reduce your risk of tragedy this holiday season:
1) Give yourself extra time. Driving while stressed is more likely to lead to driver errors, speeding, reckless driving, and other mistakes which can cause a Hollywood truck accident or car accident. Give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination when you’re driving. When running holiday related errands, consider delegating some tasks or removing some tasks entirely from your to do list. Being less stressed and putting less pressure on yourself allows you to focus fully on safe driving and allows you to reach your destination safely.
2) Give yourself the gift of sleep. During the holiday season, many people feel pressured to do more and to accomplish more. Sometimes, this can lead to insomnia or to reduced hours of sleep as we try to catch up on everything. However, drowsy driving is a leading cause of Hollywood car accidents.
3) Maintain your car. It is a good idea to get a car tune-up at this time of year, especially if you will be driving far in order to visit friends and family for the holidays. A car that is properly maintained is more likely to react properly if you need to make a sudden maneuver in order to avoid a car collision.
4) Plan routes carefully. If you will be driving to visit friends or family or if you are simply running errands in unfamiliar parts of town as part of your holiday routine, make sure that you plan your routes ahead of time. Consider construction as well as the safest routes to drive. Make sure that you print out maps and instructions and place them in an easy-to-reach area or use your GPS device in order to get to your destination safely. You do not want to have to be trying to look at instructions while driving at the same time.
5) Avoid distracted driving. Distracted driving is a leading cause of Hollywood car accidents. Even though Florida has no laws against texting and driving, keep in mind that if you drive recklessly you may have a legal claim launched against you if your recklessness causes a car accident. Distracted driving can easily kill you, so make sure to put all distractions away when you get behind the wheel. During the holiday season it is normal to want to multitask in order to get everything done, but you’ll be safer – and happier – if you focus on one task at a time. When on the road, your entire focus should be on driving and driving only.
6) Have a plan for getting home safely from any party where alcohol may be served. Hollywood drunk driving accidents are a key cause of concern for families and law enforcement every year during the holiday season.
If you are injured in a Hollywood traffic accident during the holiday season, the Flaxman Law Group will still be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via phone.