Last week, we started this short series by telling you three of six important things you must know if you’re in a traffic accident. This week, we tackle the remaining three things you need to know:
#4: It Will Cost More Than You Think
The legal team at Flaxman Law Group regularly speaks to car accident survivors. Often, these survivors are surprised and even shocked to see how much their injuries will really end up costing them. After a car accident, consider that you may need to pay for:
- Medical costs, including emergency services and ongoing care well into the future
- Visits with specialists
- Replacement costs for any personal property, such as phones or glasses, damaged in the accident
- Lost income, including the wages you might lose in the future if you can’t return to work as quickly as you thought
- Car repairs or a replacement car
- At-home help, such as cleaning services, because your injury prevents you from caring for yourself
- A rental car or taxis if you can’t drive after your accident
- Unexpected complications that delay your care and your return to work
- Grab bars, crutches, ramps, and any other home modifications or medical devices you need
- Any other, incidental expenses that come up
#5: Even Minor Details Count
After a traffic accident, it’s normal to focus on the big picture, such as when you can return to work or your big surgery bill. However, small details can make a big difference. If you noticed a driver swerve just before your accident, this can be important for investigators. If you’ve taken a few short taxi rides because your car is being repaired, this is important to keep track of because it can affect how much compensation you may be eligible for.
#6: It Can Be Worth it To Consult with an Attorney
An attorney can help keep track of the details and can work with experts to find liable parties and to put an accurate price tag on your injuries so you can seek fair compensation. He or she can ask the right questions to get answers for you. Most importantly, your attorney can represent you as you seek compensation, drawing on a wealth of legal training and experience to counter the tactics insurers use to try to pay you less.
Even if you’re not sure you want to sue after your car accident, it’s useful to speak to an attorney to find out whether you have a claim. An attorney can answer your questions and can help you understand the advantages and possible drawbacks of a lawsuit. Even just understanding how much your claim could be worth can help you make an informed decision about insurance offers and about what to do next.
Flaxman Law Group makes it easy to consult with an attorney with no risk or cost. If you’ve been injured, we’re happy to offer a free, no obligation case consultation so you can get some answers and speak with a Hollywood car accident attorney. You can reach our offices in Miami, Homestead, or Hollywood by calling 866-352-9626. Or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.