Being in a car crash in Homestead with one vehicle is intimidating, but being in a chain reaction crash or multi-vehicle collision can be even more confusing and dangerous. Chain reaction accidents can happen on highways, at intersections, and during traffic accidents.
Multi-vehicle crashes can lead to more serious injuries. There may be multiple points of impact. Some cars in the center may have passengers trapped inside. All of this can increase the risk of burn injuries, amputations, head injuries, and other serious injuries. Each time your car is impacted in a crash, you may sustain an injury.
Chain reaction accidents can make getting help complicated. It can take time for emergency responders to get to all victims, especially if some victims are trapped in their vehicles. Local hospitals may see an influx of patients at the same time from the same crash, making triage and treatment a challenge.
Multiple-car crashes can create confusion when it’s time to file a claim. Multiple vehicles can mean multiple liable parties. It can also mean the investigation is more complicated and more drivers are pointing fingers about who caused what accident.
What To Do After a Homestead Car Crash
If you have been in a multi-vehicle collision, you will want to:
- Stay calm: Try to avoid oversteering or rushing into another lane. Stay calm and look for ways to get out of the way.
- Try to avoid further injury: Try to protect your head from impact, especially if multiple cars are involved. Do what you can to stay safe.
- Get medical care: Get emergency medical help for anyone injured on the scene. Even if you appear to be uninjured, get a medical evaluation. Soft tissue injuries are common in a multi-car crash with multiple impacts.
- Document everything: Take photos of the scene and your injuries, get contact information for as many people as you can, write down any details you remember. There is more information to keep track of when there are multiple drivers involved, but do your best.
- Contact an attorney: Multiple car crashes can result in complex claims, especially if there was more than one cause of the crash or if there are multiple liable parties. There will be multiple insurance companies all trying to protect their clients, so working with a car accident attorney can help you seek fair compensation for your claim.
If you need to speak to a Homestead car collision attorney, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation to discuss your legal options. It’s your chance to ask questions and to find out more about how much your case may be worth.
Our legal team has more than 60 years of combined experience and we’re happy to offer virtual and phone initial consultations at no charge. Our principal, Charles Flaxman, worked in the insurance industry for ten years before dedicating his life to personal injury law and he understands claims from both sides of the courtroom. Contact us today to determine whether you may have a claim.