After a car collision in Hollywood or your community, it can be hard to know where to turn for help. With the COVID-19 pandemic, a car accident can seem even more upsetting. With things just starting to get back to normal, many resources still feel out of reach.
Nevertheless, there are places you can and should turn to if you have been in a front-end collision or any car crash in Hollywood or South Florida:
- Your medical professionals: While some people are worried about visiting medical professionals for fear of contracting COVID-19, emergency rooms and doctor’s offices are open and you should absolutely go to the emergency room or your doctor if you may have sustained an injury. If you need to visit your doctor, however, call ahead. Some doctors are instituting special protocols to keep staff and patients safe.
- Your insurance company: Insurance companies right now are facing many claims for business interruption insurance and other policies due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When you contact them, you may face added delays in filing your claim. You may also find your insurance company wants to settle your claim quickly. You will want to file your claim with your insurer but may also want to speak to an attorney if you’re not sure you’re being offered a fair amount.
- Your bank and creditors: Banks, utilities, and other companies are offering some emergency assistance and relief to some customers due to the pandemic. While your car crash is not related to the novel coronavirus, you will want to consult the websites of utilities, your bank, and other companies you do business with to find out whether there are any relief measures which could help you.
- Your employer: Right now, many workplaces have started allowing at least some workers to work from home. If you are at home recovering from injuries sustained in a car crash, this may benefit you if your employer has already made arrangements to let workers work from home.
- A Hollywood car crash attorney: In many ways, this is an unusual time to be dealing with insurance companies, hospitals, and medical professionals. These businesses are in some instances overwhelmed and are using new protocols to keep up with demand. If you feel you are not being treated fairly by your insurance company or if you think you may have a medical malpractice case because your car crash injuries were not treated correctly, you will want to contact an attorney.
Contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation if you have been injured in a car crash. Your consultation can take place virtually and allows you to get a case evaluation from a Hollywood car accident attorney.