During the holiday season, there are gifts you can give that are not only thoughtful, but can actually keep friends and family safer throughout 2023. Here are our top picks for drivers:
- A car emergency kit. Include a fire extinguisher, flares, blanket, water bottle, first aid kit, and a flashlight. You can make your own or purchase a pre-made kit.
- Classes. If you have a young driver on your list, get them defensive driving classes. Anyone can benefit from racing classes, which are not only fun, but can improve driving skills.
- Gift certificates. Gift certificates to a local garage can keep cars road-worthy and safe. Gift cards to a local lube and oil shop or tire shop can also make great gifts.
- Safety keychains. There are keychains that can help motorists break windshields and slice through seatbelts if they’re ever trapped in their car after a car accident. These make great stocking stuffers. Defogging cloths for the windshield also make a great stocking stuffer or small gift.
- Roadside assistance. A year-long subscription to a roadside assistance program ensures that if your loved one ever finds themselves stranded, they can call for help instead of walking along the road and putting themselves at risk of pedestrian accidents.
- A personal breathalyser. It’s easy for drivers to think they’re “fine” to drive if they’re only buzzed. Their motor skills and response times can still be compromised. A small breathalyzer can show motorists whether they really are safe to be behind the wheel.
- Tire pressure checker and inflater. These devices make sure tires are correctly inflated for safety and good car control. Unlike a regular gauge, today’s devices also inflate tires to the correct air pressure, automatically stop when the tire is correctly inflated, and can even be recharged in the car’s USB.
- A storage system. A fancy caddy or storage solution keeps documents and everything else organized. This can reduce distractions in the car and ensure nothing gets airborne inside the car in the event of a traffic accident.
If you are ever in a car collision and need help, call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to speak to a live person 24/7 who can schedule a free, no obligation consultation with an attorney who can answer all your questions. Our legal team has recovered over $100 million for our clients and we have offices in Homestead, Hollywood, and Miami to serve you.