Highways and interstates are vital arteries in Miami and across Southern Florida, connecting cities, states, and people. While these roadways provide convenience, they also pose significant risks. Highway and interstate accidents can be devastating, especially because of the high speed and traffic involved.
At Flaxman Law Group, we’ve worked with survivors of Miami interstate and highway accidents and have seen for ourselves the devastation of these serious injuries. If you’re injured in a car crash, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation with a Miami highway injury claims lawyer.
Understanding Florida Highway and Interstate Accidents
Highway and interstate accidents can occur due:
- Speeding, which can cause loss of control and reduced reaction times.
- Distracted driving, including texting, eating, daydreaming, or adjusting the radio while driving.
- Fatigue, which impacts judgment and responsiveness.
- Aggressive driving, including behaviors such as tailgating, lane weaving, and road rage.
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can severely impair a driver’s judgement and response times.
The Challenges of Highway and Interstate Accidents
Crashes on Florida interstates and highways are more likely to be complex and serious, because of:
- The higher speeds on highways and interstates, which can lead to more severe collisions and an increased risk of fatalities.
- Multiple vehicles, making it challenging to determine fault and liability.
- Limited escape routes for drivers in the event of an emergency.
- Large spaces, which means emergency services may take longer to reach accident scenes, affecting medical attention and evidence preservation.
After an interstate or highway accident, it’s not uncommon to have serious injuries and for parties to finger point, trying to shift blame. This can make it harder for you to get the compensation you need. In this situation, it’s important to work with a highway injury claims lawyer, who can look out for your best interests.
Working with a Florida Car Accident Attorney After a Highway or Interstate Collision
If you’re involved in a highway or interstate accident, you may want to consult with an interstate highway injury claims attorney in Miami or your city. Since these accidents tend to be more serious, every dollar you can seek in compensation is important to make sure you pay for your medical bills, lost income, and other losses.
Don’t delay. If you’re in an accident on a Florida interstate or highway, get medical help, gather documentation and evidence, and contact an experienced attorney as soon as you can. The sooner you reach out, the sooner your attorney can start building a strong case and negotiating on your behalf. The role of a Florida highway injury claims lawyer is simple: it’s to get you the best financial recovery possible so you can focus on healing.
Highway and interstate accidents can be catastrophic, so if you have been in this or any type or car crash in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, call the Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood offices of Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626. We’ve recovered over $100 million for clients just like you and we’re happy to offer you a free consultation with a Miami interstate and highway injury claims attorney. Your free consultation is your opportunity to learn whether you have a claim, to ask questions, and to start planning next steps of your recovery.