Because roads and road users converge at intersections, these parts of roadway are prime locations for collisions. Flaxman Law Group recognizes the complexities of intersection accidents. If you find yourself in this type of collision, you can always reach our family law firm at 866-352-9626 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a Florida car accident claims lawyer at our Miami, Homestead, or Hollywood offices.
The Dynamics of Intersection Vehicle Accidents
Intersection accidents occur when two or more vehicles, cyclists, or pedestrians cross paths within the same space. These incidents can include rear-end collisions, side-impact crashes, and accidents involving pedestrians. The outcomes can range from minor fender-benders to severe, life-altering injuries, including:
- Head injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Internal injuries
- Soft tissue injures
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Crushing injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
Common Causes of Intersection Accidents
On Florida’s roads, common causes of intersection accidents include the following.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Drivers who ignore traffic signals contribute significantly to T-bone collisions, which can be particularly dangerous due to the side impact.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on the phone, or other distractions divert a driver’s attention from the road, increasing the risk of accidents, especially at intersections.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces a driver’s ability to react to changing traffic conditions, making intersections perilous when drivers fail to slow down.
- Failure to Yield: When drivers fail to yield the right of way to other vehicles or pedestrians, collisions are likely to occur.
- Poor Visibility: Factors such as overgrown vegetation, inadequate lighting, or poorly-placed signs can hinder a driver’s ability to see oncoming traffic or pedestrians.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, bright sun, and other common Florida weather conditions can decrease visibility and make roads slippery, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Intoxicated drivers have impaired judgment and slower reaction times, making intersections particularly hazardous for them.
Why Work With a Florida Car Accident Claims Attorney?
When an intersection accident occurs, determining liability can be complicated. There may be multiple parties involved in the crash and more than one liable party, too. Insurance companies may engage in disputes over who was at fault, seeking to minimize their losses.
It’s not uncommon for people who have been injured in an intersection accident to have a hard time getting compensation. For this reason, many accident survivors turn to car accidents claims lawyers.
An experienced lawyer can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. They can even you’re your case to court, if needed. Your attorney’s role is to act in your best interests and to seek to maximize your financial recovery so you don’t have to worry as much about paying the bills related to your injuries.
Whether you’ve suffered injuries or property damage in a Florida intersection accident, you can reach out to Flaxman Law Group today at 866-352-9626 for a free consultation with a Florida car accident claims attorney. Our family law firm has already recovered over $100 million for injured people just like you and we’re proud to continue to help injured individuals across Southern Florida.