At this time of year, many homes and public spaces across Hollywood are looking beautiful and festive with holiday decorations. While they create community spirit and add some fun to the season, holiday decorations can also be a hazard for drivers and pedestrians. We’ve put together this guide to keep you safe all season long.
If you are injured by holiday decorations in Hollywood or anywhere in Southern Florida, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no-risk consultation with a Hollywood car accident claims attorney. Our family-based legal team has more than 60 years of experience so we can answer your questions and help you understand your rights.
The Risk of Hollywood Holiday Decorations
Holiday decorations in Hollywood and other communities in Southern Florida can pose a risk to drivers and pedestrians in a few ways:
- Bright displays can be a distraction for motorists and can cause distraction-related car crashes.
- Holiday decorations on walkways can trip up pedestrians or cause them to veer into traffic, leading to pedestrian accidents.
- Bright lights from decorations can affect visibility for drivers, creating a risk of collisions.
- Some people like to walk or drive to neighborhoods with great decorations, and the extra pedestrian and vehicle traffic can cause a risk of crashes.
Tips to Keep You Safe
We all have a role to play in preventing car crashes caused by holiday decorations. Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Report any unsafe decorations you see in public places to your city.
- Before hanging your decorations, make sure they don’t show signs of excessive wear and tear.
- Keep your decorations aways from walkways and sidewalks to prevent tripping hazards.
- Never shine holiday lights away from your home and towards walkways or roads where the lights can obscure visibility.
- If you’re using holiday inflatables or any large décor, keep it close to your home and away from walkways and roads, where they can obscure visibility for drivers.
What To Do If You’re Injured
If you’re injured in a Hollywood car crash and believe unsafe holiday decorations contributed to your collision and injuries, you may have a legal claim and may be able to seek compensation for your injuries, car repairs, lost wages, and other losses. To protect your rights, here is what you will want to do:
- Get emergency medical help if you need it.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including any decorations that may have played a role in your crash.
- Get contact information, if you can, from any witnesses.
- Exchange insurance information with any other drivers involved.
- Get a medical evaluation as soon as possible after your crash to rule out any serious injuries.
- Contact a Hollywood car accident claims lawyer to find out more about how to protect your rights.
- Contact your insurance company, and, if appropriate, the police to report the crash.
If you need to contact a Hollywood car accident claims attorney, Flaxman Law Group makes it easy and risk-free. Our phone lines at 866-352-9626 are staffed 24/7, so you can always reach a live person and your first consultation is free, confidential, and obligation-free. Contact the father-son attorney team at Flaxman Law Group today and talk to a Hollywood car accident claims attorney about what kind of compensation you may be eligible for.