You don’t have to be in a car to suffer serious injuries in a car collision in Hollywood. Each year, people across South Florida are seriously injured or experience significant property damage when a vehicle crashes into their home or business.
In some cases, drivers are not paying attention or are impaired when they leave the roadway, jump over the sidewalk, and plow into private property. While homes and businesses close to the road are at risk, virtually anyone can suffer property damage in this type of collision.
Common Property Damage Situations
There are many situations which lead to property damage situations in car collisions:
- A car crashes into the driveway and causes surfacing damage.
- A car crashes into a building or garage, causing structural as well as interior and exterior damage.
- A vehicle plows into a tree on the property, which then falls on a building.
- A collision causes a gas leak or a spill of hazardous materials which harms nearby property.
- A customer crashes into a business when trying to park or go through a drive-through.
- A collision causes damage to a power line, damaging nearby property.
- A vehicle smashes into a fence, wall, or other structures on a property, causing damage
- A car crashes right through the doors of a property.
- A delivery driver or visitor may drive right into your garage doors.
- A car damages a fire hydrant, which causes water damage to nearby properties.
Claims After Property Damage
After someone has crashed into your home or business with a vehicle, you may face a few challenges. You may have been directly injured as a result of the accident. For example, a car may have crashed into your living room and injured you while you were sitting there. Since you are not prepared and have few layers of protection from walls and flying glass, you may be seriously injured.
This type of collision is also startling and may result in trauma which requires therapy and counseling. The type of trauma which can result from a car collision of this kind could result in lost time at work and long-term impact on your income.
Then there’s the property damage itself. Repairing the landscaping, paving surfaces, driveway and other structures on your property can be expensive. If your home’s foundation is affected or if there is a toxic spill on your property, you could need hundreds of thousands of dollars in repairs. You may need to live somewhere else while the repairs are ongoing and if your business is affected by this type of injury you may need to close your doors and lose revenue during repairs.
Does car insurance cover you? Should you make a claim with your homeowner’s or business insurance? Claims after this type of collision can be complex, which is why you may wish to contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood car accident injury claims attorney. Our legal team is committed to seeking all liable parties in claims and seeking fair compensation for eligible plaintiffs. Contact us today to find out whether you have a claim.