Car collisions in Miami can be caused by many factors, from road conditions to mechanical defects. Among the most common causes of traffic crashes, however, are human errors.
Human error which can cause traffic crashes includes:
- Failing to signal
- Changing lanes incorrectly
- Cutting other drivers off
- Not checking blind spots
- Road rage accidents
- Driving distracted
- Wrong way incidents
- Turning into an oncoming lane
- Running stop lights or stop signs
Preventing Human Error Collisions in Miami
If you drive in Miami, you can avoid human error collisions by:
- Driving sober: You are more likely to make poor choices when driving under the influence.
- Driving rested: Fatigue can cause you to forget basic driving rules and skills and can even make you fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Driving calm and in good condition: Before getting in your car, check to make sure you are physically well enough to drive and in an emotional state to drive well. You’re more likely to make mistakes if you’re upset or under the weather.
- Working on driving skills: The more you hone your skills, the less likely you are to make many errors.
- Driving defensively: Thinking three moves ahead and driving defensively means you’re focused on driving and working to prevent mistakes.
- Putting away distractions: You’re more likely to miss something if you’re looking at a phone. Don’t have conversations while you’re driving, look at directions, or try to adjust the screen in your car.
When Does Human Error Become Liability in Miami?
While human mistakes happen, in many cases car collisions caused by human error do lead to legal claims. If a driver was reckless and their negligence caused the collision, the people who were injured or harmed in that crash may have a legal claim.
If you have been injured by a reckless driver, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Miami car accident attorney.