Speed limits are posted to keep drivers safe. When creating a speed limit for an area, cities like Miami Beach consider many factors, including the state of the roads, natural dangers, road use, nearby schools and homes, traffic flow, and other factors. They choose a limit which allows for effective movement of traffic without increasing the risk of collisions.
When drivers exceed the posted speed limit, they put themselves and everyone around them at risk. Speed is a factor in many Miami Beach traffic accidents and especially in fatal and serious accidents.
Why is Speeding in Miami Beach Dangerous?
There are many reasons why speeding in Miami Beach in unsafe:
- There are lots of schools in the community.
- Miami Beach weather can contribute to accidents.
- Speed increases the risk of a fatality or serious collision.
- Speeding can cause a car to go out of control.
- Mechanical systems can fail and cause an accident.
- You leave yourself less time to respond to prevent an accident.
- The car can leave the road if I encounters any obstacle.
- You can collide with other drivers going slower.
- Other drivers and even pedestrians can’t get out of the way in time.
Despite all these risks, drivers may speed for many reasons:
- Drinking and driving
- Not paying attention
- Distracted driving
- Street racing
- Road rage
No matter why speeding happens, it is against the rules of the road. If you’re caught speeding, you can face penalties, including fines. If a driver causes an accident while speeding, they can be held liable for the damages they cause.
Do I Have a Claim After My Miami Beach Car Collision?
If you have been seriously injured in a car crash in Miami Beach which was caused by a speeding driver, you may have a claim. First, however, you may need to prove speeding took place. If you work with a qualified Miami Beach car collision attorney, your attorney can speak to accident reconstruction experts, witnesses, and others to secure evidence.
Contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Miami Beach car collision attorney. If you have been in an accident involving speeding, especially, your injuries may be severe and you will want to take action to secure any compensation you may qualify for.