Many cars involve another driver, but every day some motorists crash into a railing, wall, building, tree, or other stationary object. Many people believe that if there’s no other driver, they’re at fault and they have no claim. This just isn’t true. Even if you think you may have contributed to your crash or aren’t sure you have a claim, get the facts about your rights. Contact Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation before you make any decisions.
What Causes Single Car Accidents?
In Hollywood and across Florida, single vehicle accidents are commonly caused by:
- Missing, hidden, or damaged street signs
- Poor road design
- Slippery road surfaces
- Defective car parts or mechanical defects
- Sun glare
- Road work or construction zones
- Swerving to avoid the reckless actions of another driver or pedestrians
- Bad weather and poor visibility
- Poor road maintenance issues, such as blown-out streetlights, potholes, and other hazards
What Should I Do If I’m in a One-Car Accident in Hollywood?
Here’s what to do:
- Evaluate your situation and call for emergency help if you or any of your passengers are seriously hurt.
- If you can, tale photos of the accident scene and write down anything you remember.
- If possible, get contact information from anyone who may have seen what happened.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider, if your policy requires it.
- Get a full medical evaluation, even if you feel fine, to rule out any serious injury.
Florida law also requires you to report the accident to police at once if the crash caused a fatality or injury or if it caused at least $500 in property damage. You’re also required to call the police right away if the crash was linked to alcohol or drugs or if the car was damaged enough that it needed to be towed.
You’re not required to contact a Hollywood car accident claims lawyer, but it’s a good idea. In fact, you may want to contact an attorney soon after your accident. There are several things about single-vehicle crashes that can affect your right to get compensation, even if you qualify:
- If your injuries were caused by road work or poor road design, your claim may be against a local government, and government agencies enjoy broad protections. You’ll need an experienced lawyer to file this kind of claim.
- It may not be immediately apparent what caused your accident, and an experienced Hollywood car accident claims lawyer has access to accident reconstruction experts and investigators who can get you answers.
- It’s common for drivers in single-vehicle accidents to be blamed for causing their crash, so working with an attorney may be important to make sure you can pursue your claim.
- If you swerved to avoid hitting another driver who braked suddenly or who was driving dangerously, it may be hard to prove your case without the help of an experienced Hollywood car accident claims attorney. The other driver may not be directly involved in the crash, making it harder to prove what happened.
The important thing is that your Hollywood car accident claims lawyer works on your behalf and in your best interests. He or she investigates the cause of your crash, negotiates with insurance companies, explains the law to you, and even takes your case to court if that’s what’s needed to get you fair compensation.
The legal team at Flaxman Law Group has more than 60 decades of combined experience and we’re a family-based team known for our compassion and care. Our clients recommend us to friends and family because we get results. In fact, we’ve recovered over $100 million for clients so far. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, call us at 866-352-9626 and book a free, no pressure, no obligation case consultation with a Hollywood car accident claims attorney. Let’s discuss your situation and any possibilities for compensation you may have.