Car accidents can change your life in an instant and while you may initially be worried about your health and your car, it’s important to consider the financial impact of your collision, too. If you’ve been injured in a car crash anywhere in South Florida, we invite you to contact Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation to find out what steps you may be able to take to protect your finances.
For now, let’s take a look at what damages you can seek if you file a car accident claim. In Florida, you can file such a claim if your accident and injuries were caused by someone’s negligence or willful act.
Damages: Medical Expenses
Medical expenses are among the most significant costs associated with car accident injuries. Depending on the situation, you may be able to seek compensation for:
- Immediate treatment received at the scene of the accident or in the emergency room.
- Costs related to hospital stays, surgeries, and procedures.
- Expenses for diagnostic tests, X-rays, MRIs, and other medical procedures.
- The cost of prescribed medications for pain relief, infection prevention, and recovery.
- Expenses for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation programs.
- Any expected ongoing medical treatment that’s necessary for your injury.
Damages: Lost Wages and Earning Capacity
If your injuries prevent you from working, you can seek compensation for lost wages and potential future earnings, including:
- The income you would have earned had you not been injured and unable to work.
- Compensation for a decrease in your ability to earn income due to the long-term effects of your injuries.
- Expected future loss of income.
Damages: Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering compensation is awarded for the physical and emotional distress you experience due to the accident and your injuries. It includes:
- Compensation for the pain and discomfort caused by your injuries and any resulting treatments.
- Compensation for psychological and emotional suffering, such as anxiety, depression, and trauma.
Damages: Property Damage
If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for repair or replacement costs. This can include compensation for your car, cell phones, jewelry, laptops, and other property damaged in the crash.
If your life is seriously impacted by a car accident, you may also be eligible for additional compensation to reflect your losses. If you were driving as part of your work duties, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits that replace part of your lost wages and pay for all necessary medical care.
As we can see, you may be eligible for a range of compensation, but to maximize your financial recovery, it’s important to understand what your case is worth. You may also want to work with an experienced attorney who can prove how much your injures and losses may cost.
The family-based legal team at Flaxman Law Group has recovered over $100 million on behalf of injured clients across Florida. The Flaxman Law Group phone line at 866-352-9626 is available 24/7, so you can speak with a live person. Arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a Hollywood car accident attorney who can address your questions and explain whether you may have a claim.