Unfortunately, many drivers do not consult with a car accident attorney in Homestead after being in a car crash. Whether you have been in a rear end shunt accident, sideswipe accident, a T-bone accident or another crash, not consulting with an attorney can be an expensive error.
Even if you have paid for quality insurance, most insurance companies want to resolve claims quickly and inexpensively. This means they may be rushing to offer you an amount before the full extent of your injuries and expenses is known. If you realize after the fact that you need more compensation to pay for medical bills, unexpected extra lost wages, or other costs, you may not be able to secure additional compensation.
The reality is that car collisions are more expensive than many people realize. After a car collision you can expect to pay for:
- Car repairs or replacements: Your car may need to be towed, repaired, or even replaced. This can easily add up to thousands of dollars.
- Car rentals or transportation: While your car is being repaired or replaced, you will need to get around, either by relying on taxis or on a rental. This can quickly add up.
- Property damages: If you have an expensive item in your car during the crash, you may have to pay to repair or replace it. Just consider how much it will cost to repair or replace your cell phone, laptop, or even a pair of glasses if they are damaged in the collision.
- Accommodation: If your injuries are serious, you may need accommodation for your injuries. For example, you may need to install a ramp in your home or may need to live elsewhere if you suddenly have crutches or a wheelchair because of your injuries. You may need to install grab bars or other accessibility features in their home, workplace, or in your car as you recover.
- Lost wages: You may lose weeks or months of work, resulting in lost income. However, your bills will still be due and you will need to replace your wages in order to pay for your living expenses.
- Lost opportunities: In addition to your lost wages, you may miss opportunities to work on the projects at work or opportunities to get ahead at work and advance your career. This can mean one car accident, because of bad timing, can set you back in your career for years.
- Medical bills: The co-pays on your medical bills, medical devices, medication, specialist visits, doctors’ visits, surgeries, emergency room trips, and other medical expenses can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars if you have been seriously injured. In addition, some medical services, such as rehabilitation, may not be covered by your insurance.
- Extra services: If you are injured, you may need to pay someone to care for your children, clean your home, or to perform other everyday tasks you may not be able to do while you are injured.
Contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Homestead car collision attorney if you have been injured in a car accident. If the car accident was caused through no fault of your own, you deserve fair compensation so you do not pay for all of your costs out-of-pocket.