After a serious car accident, there are many questions: Who caused the crash? How will I cover the damages? Do I have a claim? How much could my claim be worth?
To answer these questions and seek financial recovery, many traffic accident survivors seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. In South Florida, for example, people who have been injured in a car accident have the option of contacting Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation.
One of the things car accident injury claims attorneys can do that they average person cannot is investigate your accident. By conducting a thorough investigation, your attorney can build a strong case so you can pursue fair compensation.
An in-depth investigation helps your attorney build a strong case, identify the liable parties, and establish the cost of your injuries. Here are some of the steps an attorney may take to investigate your claim:
- Talk to You. You’re often the first person your attorney will talk to about the accident and this is where the investigation starts. Your attorney will record your version of what happened. He or she may also look at your photos of the accident scene, if you have any, and get evidence such as any damaged property you have from the accident scene.
- Collect Evidence. Your attorney may seek to secure photos of the accident scene, witness statements, police reports, medical records, and other evidence.
- Interview Witnesses. An attorney will formally interview witnesses to get a detailed, admissible account of the accident.
- Secure Medical Records. Your attorney will examine medical records from your doctor, hospital, emergency room, and anywhere else you’ve received treatment to gather evidence of the extent and cost of your injuries.
- Work With Experts. Sometimes, an attorney may consult with accident reconstructionist professionals, medical experts, private investigators, engineers, vocational experts and other professionals. These experts can offer expert insight and testimony about the cause of your accident and the impact it may have on your life.
Next Steps After an Investigation
The goal of your attorney is to gather evidence for your case. They can use the information they gather through their investigation to:
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies. An attorney can use the information they have gathered to push back when insurers try to minimize the losses in your case.
- File a Lawsuit. If an investigation shows that someone’s negligence caused your injuries, your attorney will have the evidence to file a lawsuit if a settlement can’t be reached with insurers. This gives you another way to get the compensation you need to pay for car repairs, medical bills, lost income, and other losses.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a car accident claims attorney who can answer your questions and help you understand whether you have a claim. Our attorneys work with a network of trusted investigative professionals and we have experience uncovering the hidden details of a serious injury. In fact, we’ve recovered over $100 million for people who have been injured through no fault of their own.