In most car crashes in Hollywood, both drivers stop and exchange information. This way, you’re armed with the information you need to file an insurance claim. In fact, you’re legally required to stop if you’ve been in a collision.
Yet the legal team a Flaxman Law Group regularly hears from worried drivers who have been seriously injured in hit and run accidents in Hollywood and across South Florida. If this has happened to you, read on to find out what you should do next. You can also always contact our father-son attorney team at Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation about your situation.
What to Do After a Hit and Run Accident in Hollywood
It’s upsetting to see someone hit you or your car and then speed off. But it’s important to stay calm and act fast to protect your rights. Here’s what to do:
- Safety first. Seek medical attention at once if there’s any chance you may have hit your head or sustained any injuries.
- Gather information. If you can, jot down or take a photo of the license plate number of the fleeing vehicle, if possible. Write down anything you can about the other car, such as the make, model, color, and any identifying features of the vehicle. Also write down the exact location, date, and time of the accident. Get contact information from any potential witnesses and take photos of the accident scene.
- Contact the police. Hit and runs are a crime. Police will want to catch the person who failed to stop at the scene of the accident. You’ll also need a copy of the police report to file an insurance claim.
- Tell your insurance company. Depending on your policy, you may be eligible for uninsured motorist coverage, which can help cover your damages and medical expenses even when the at-fault driver is unidentified. Even if you don’t have this coverage, your policy may require you to report all accidents to your insurer.
- Talk to a hit and run accident lawyer. Hit and run accident claims in Hollywood can be more complex because there isn’t another party. Negotiating with your insurer can be difficult. An experienced hit and run claims attorney in Hollywood can review your policy to see whether you’re covered and can help you understand whether you have a claim. Should you decide to pursue a claim, a lawyer can help you build a strong case.
Contact Flaxman Law Group
If you’ve been a victim of a hit and run accident, reach out to Flaxman Law Group today to ensure your rights are protected, and you have the chance to seek the compensation you deserve. We’re here to guide you on the path to recovery and justice. Our father-son attorney team have already recovered over $100 million on behalf of clients and we’ve handled many hit and run claims, which are very different than a typical car accident injury claim.
At Flaxman Law Group, our principal worked for the insurance industry for ten years before becoming a lawyer advocating only for the injured. His son represented top insurance companies in court. This experience means our father-son attorney team knows what strategies insurers use at the negotiation table and the in courtroom. We’re ready for them and know exactly how to counter their arguments.
If you’ve been injured in a hit and run in Hollywood or anywhere in South Florida, dial 866-352-9626 to speak with a live agent 24/7. Schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with a Hollywood hit and run attorney. Lean on our 60+ years of combined experience and our compassionate approach to every client.